Survey Field Technician
Consultant, Global Talent Acquisition
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
On, above, and under the Earth’s surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Directs and conducts surveys for clients.
- Supervises survey field crew, assigns work, ensures completion dates and budgets are met, and ensures consistent application of firm operating standards and safety practices.
- Trains survey crew members in day-to day-activities and company procedures.
- Performs accurate measurements and calculations in recording the field data.
- Transfers survey data to the proper files in the computer network and acquires data for field use.
- May assist in preparation of survey drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Drives company or personal vehicle to reach jobsites.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Identifies hazardous situations and applies safety procedures and company standards.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Expert knowledge of field survey methods and calculations.
- Highly effective in assembling and leading teams.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Proficient in performing boundary, topographic, and land title surveys and construction staking.
- Must have good driving record and a valid driver's license.
- Proficient using GPS, data collectors, total stations, robotics, and relevant survey equipment.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3 years of experience.
Position will work in both a field and office setting. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Must be available to travel for out of town projects when needed.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.